Blog Help


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

TRAFFIC UPDATE -- 16 May

URL SUBMISSIONS
Over the past couple of days, I've been submitting Blog Help to search engines, directories, and social tagging & bookmarking services. It's taking a little longer than what I had anticipated, but I've found a couple of places to mass-submit, so that speeds things up a little. When I get a good list of places to submit together, I'll post it here. There's quite a few on my list, but I'm only submitting to the ones that are quick, easy, & simple for now. As of earlier today, Blog Help had 5 pages indexed on All the Web, 4 on AltaVista, 2 on Excite, 24 on Google, 1 on MSN, 5 on Yahoo, and none on Open Directory or Lycos. For what it's worth, I haven't submitted to any of those. :-) BTW, all of these stats came from the RankQuest toolbar. I would highly recommend it, if only to satisfy your curiosity. It's got all kinds of SEO tools, and it's free. I use it on a Firefox browser, which I would also recommend. You can get that (also free) in the Google Pack, which you can read about here.

COUNTER HITS
We're up to 84 unique visitors with 285 page views, according to mywebstats.org, and 10 of those were from today, according to statcounter.com. I'm becoming increasingly fond of StatCounter.com. They offer more types of reports than any free stat/tracking service that I've tried, allow you to use an invisible counter, and don't require any advertising on your site. I'll be listing a bunch of different tracking services with summaries of their features later, but for now, if you're looking for this type of thing, I'd whole-heartedly recommend StatCounter.com.

NEWSLETTER
I signed up with Zookoda the other day, and added a newsletter subscription form at the top of the sidebar. I haven't got around to setting all that up yet, but it's in the works. In the meantime, if you would like to subscribe to a Blog Help newsletter, you can do that by submitting your e-mail address in the form. You've got my word that I won't bombard you with spam or sell your address to anybody who will. The only other people who'll see your address are the folks at Zookoda, and they assure me that they don't like spam, either. What will be in the newsletter, you ask? Well, right now, I'm not exactly sure. :-) It'll probably be RSS feeds from Blog Help, at least the title & first part of each new post, so you can decide whether or not you want to come here & read the whole thing. I may also include lists of links to resources that I've found helpful or articles about blogging. I'll post in more detail when I get it all set up. I can tell you that I won't be sending a newsletter more often than once a week, and there will be an easy unsubscribe process, should you decide that you don't want it anymore.

NEW POSTS
I noticed that I jumped the gun with my last post and forgot to write the post that I had promised on blog structure/architecture. I'll try to do that a little later tonight. Also, I'm going to try to get up something on blog hosting services after that.

MISCELLANEOUS
For what it's worth, Blog Help came up this past week for a Google Blog Search search for "blogger splog." Google Blog Search (Google "BS" for short) is still in Beta, and not to be confused with the main Google search engine. I checked it out, and found that my post with the blog spam article by Trina Schiller that I used a couple of weeks ago is ranked #2 in that search engine for "blogger splog." Well, it's not "cool blog" or "awesome blog" or anything like that, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks, Trina! ;-)

Trina, by the way, has one of those cool, awesome blogs. You can check it out by clicking here.

Technorati/del.icio.us Categories: - -



Add to:
Backflip BlinkList Blogmarks del.icio.us Digg Furl Google IceRocket Jots Maple.nu
RawSugar Reddit Scuttle Shadows Simpy Spurl Squidoo Technorati Wists Yahoo! MyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Blog Help Home