Blog Help


Wednesday, May 10, 2006

WELCOME to Blog Help!

Hello! Welcome to Blog Help...

Well, I think that I'm officially ready to begin writing now. Blog Help has been up for a couple of weeks, while I've been playing with settings, tweaking the template, even changing it altogether once, and learning whatever I needed to know to do those things. I posted an introduction and followed it with a couple of dozen reprinted articles to give you something to read and me something to play with while all of this was going on (you can find those in the archives for 25 & 26 April 2006). Now, I'm going to attempt to start blogging and explaining how to blog.

You see, I'm a perfectionist (although I seldom do everything right, LOL). That means that I study stuff inside & out before I begin, and stress over details once I get going. At the same time, I'm somewhat creative, and venture into areas where there's no lines to tell me exactly where I should be coloring. The creation of this blog has been a reflection of both of those natures. While I've tried to surmise the general consensus as to what everyone figures is the best way to do blog things and why, I've found that I've often went back and rebelled against that, in favor of a "just-feels-right" zen-like subjective approach to this thing. As you can probably tell, it is nowhere near finished -- there's a ton of features, goodies, and blog-thingees that I plan to implement. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what "finished" would look like, should it ever come to that point. I've kept a list so far of things that I want to include, but that list has been ever-changing, and no doubt will continue to be. Rather than striving for a finished product, I'll try to approach Blog Help as a living, developing creature, and, at least to some measure, allow it assume a life of its own.

At any rate, I've been wanting to start blogging for some time now, and Blog Help is the result. As I mentioned, I'm a perfectionist, and, as such, I did a ton of research before I began. I've compiled a lot of material on "How to Blog," and I think that there might be more newbies & would-be bloggers like me out there who would benefit from this material. It has been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun, and is nowhere near complete -- it amazes me, the rate at which the Internet evolves... I plan to present the best of what I've learned here, and continue to add to it as I learn more. If you are an experienced blogger, I hope that you may also find something of value here, and you're more than welcome to jump in with your advice or expertise, should you feel the urge. If you've new to blogs and have been sitting back wanting to start a blog, but not sure where to begin, hopefully this is what you've been looking for.

Now that I've begun, I'll try to post at least once a day. Also, at least for the first month or so, I'll try to keep up a daily "UPDATE" on any changes that I've made and how the blog is progressing overall. Any experimentation that I undertake will be accounted for there, so that you may learn alongside me or offer your observations, should you be so inclined.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this post, and feel free to come visit anytime!

:-)

JM Bradley

PS -- Last night, I ran across a few articles written by another James Bradley who's also into Internet marketing, and, judging from the attention that his articles were getting, he's fairly well-known. Because I'm NOT him, and he was here first, I'm going to try to start using my middle initial or simply go by or JMB. That should help to avoid confusion, unless, of course, his middle intial happens to be "M." In that case, I guess we'll just have to blame our parents & try to forget about it... ;-)


Technorati/del.icio.us Categories:



Add to:
Backflip BlinkList Blogmarks del.icio.us Digg Furl Google IceRocket Jots Maple.nu
RawSugar Reddit Scuttle Shadows Simpy Spurl Squidoo Technorati Wists Yahoo! MyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Blog Help Home