Blog Help


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

INTRO: Things to Help You Create a Blog -- A How-to Guide

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!

Things can be confusing when learning how to create a blog. "Is special software necessary to create my blog?" "What kind of things do I write about?" "Will people read it?" "Can I really make money with these blog things?" "Can I create my own template?" "How do I create this or that?" I will address all these things and more, and show you how to create a successful blog for free.

When I was learning how to blog, I studied a TON of blog-related things. Some things were good, some things were bad, and a LOT of things were repetitive. With this blog, I want to present all the USEFUL things I've learned (and things that I'm still learning) in a readable format that will cover all the things you'll need to know how to do in order to create a successful blog. I hope to present these things in such a way that the complete newbie will not feel so lost. This will be a step-by-step guide on how to set up a blog and use it to create income. Perhaps even the experienced blogger will find something of value.

There are a lot of really good how-to-blog websites on the Internet. It's not my intention or desire to discredit or drive traffic away from any of them. To the contrary, I plan to endorse some of the ones that I have found particularly helpful in learning how to create a blog. The biggest problem that I had was finding all the things that I needed together in the same place. The sites that I usually found were either lacking in some of those things, or were technical beyond my immediate comprehension. That's the inspiration for this blog -- to compile useful information about how to create a blog and to make those things available in one place -- things simple enough for the complete newbie to implement, but deep enough that the more advanced might find some things helpful. There are a vast many bloggers who possess a great deal more experience than I, and a few "masters" in every aspect of the craft who stand head-and-shoulders above the rest of us. To them, I turn for instruction, and to those who are willing to take the time to share their knowledge of blog things, I tip my hat.

There are various reasons one might create a blog, but my focus here will be on the individual who wishes to create a blog to address a specific "niche," promote it, and possibly create a little income. While other types of bloggers might glean a few tips here -- and I welcome them wholeheartedly -- they are really beyond the scope of this blog. I want to show the would-be entrepreneur, "mousewife", or even bored teenager how to take a little of their spare time and convert that into a few extra dollars per month, create a new hobby, and have a lot of fun in the process. I want to make that process as easy and unintimidating as possible and create a model that may be followed with little or no out-of-pocket expense. I'll show you how to create a blog, and explain the things that will make it a success.

How will I present these things? Initially, I'll post a few articles from different authors that I have found helpful in learning how to create a blog. These will cover a number of blog things, and will be presented in a somewhat haphazard way. That's just to get things started. From there, I will arrange the things I've learned into topics and tackle them one-by-one. From time to time, I may again include things from other authors. An e-course presented here on this blog is a possibility, and an eventual downloadable eBook -- "How to Create, Promote, and Profit from Your Blog" -- or similar things are likely probabilities.


Things we will cover
Why create a blog
How to find your niche
How to find profitable keywords
How to find things to write about
How to locate free content
Which blog platform is right for you
Blog software programs
How to create blog templates
How to write basic code
How to monetize your blog
How to create affiliate accounts
How to create free traffic
How to optimize for searches
How to create submission articles
How to create RSS feeds
How to monetize your blog
How to create multiple streams of income
Much more...

I'm convinced that the average person, with no special training, might create a decent income in a short amount of time by simply doing the right things, and doing those things well. With a little guidance & how-to insight, I believe that this may be accomplished with no significant monetary expense. One may create a blog for free, and knowing how to do the things to make it work are easily learned. I'll spare you the get-rich-quick sales pitch and promises of overnight wealth. I will say, though, that if you do the right things, and do those things well, you may expect to prosper. In this blog, I will present what I believe those "right things" to be.

If this sounds like a blog that you'd like to follow, I invite you to bookmark it or subscribe to the feed. If you know someone who is interested in learning how to create a blog, send them a link. Your "readership" is greatly appreciated, and again, I'd like to thank you for your time.

Well, I've pretty much covered what this blog is intended to be. I'm itching to get started, but before we begin, I guess we should sing the Blog Song (tune of "RowRowRow Your Boat")...

Blog, Blog, Blog your thoughts,
Post things to your site,
Create, create, create, create,
Learn how to monetize!

Ready now?

Let's BLOG!


Technorati/del.icio.us Categories: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Add to:
Backflip BlinkList Blogmarks del.icio.us Digg Furl Google IceRocket Jots Maple.nu
RawSugar Reddit Scuttle Shadows Simpy Spurl Squidoo Technorati Wists Yahoo! MyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Blog Help Home